Amish made hardwood

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: SIMPLE FLOORS
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:09 am 
New User

I'm looking at an American website called simplefloors.com and it looks like they have some really good stuff at really good prices. I live in Canada and including shipping I can get an engineered handscraped lapacho for just under $3 a foot. (among many other things at good prices) My question is has anybody worked with their products before, and is there any feedback that could be offered. Milling/Finish/Gapping, any warranty issues ect... They seem like a huge company. As well as any experiences with other internet sites regarding hardwood, ?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: SIMPLE FLOORS
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:58 pm 
Prized Contributor

I'm interested to know myself... Installing 1400' next month for a customer that purchased a product from them on "clearance", called Heritage Woodcraft. A 5" handscraped Black Walnut for 2.64 :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:07 pm 
Prized Contributor

I have installed bamboo from them, they are basically just like that one internet company ...what was it called.....hardwoodinstaller.com? :P

IFCII Certified Inspector
Floor Repairs and Installation in Tucson, Az
http://www.tucsonazflooring.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:01 pm 
New User

Floorologist wrote:
I'm interested to know myself... Installing 1400' next month for a customer that purchased a product from them on "clearance", called Heritage Woodcraft. A 5" handscraped Black Walnut for 2.64 :shock:

Hopefully it goes well for you, youll have to let me know. I know when I've worked with some really cheap hardwood (clearance stuff), I've wanted to whip my hammer right through the front window and at anything else that would break!! :x

But their stuff is mostly engineered, so how bad could it be right? (famous last words... hope not!)

5 inch boards are a bonus if it goes down good. are you gluing it or nailing it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:58 pm 
Prized Contributor

Edgar wrote:

Hopefully it goes well for you, youll have to let me know. I know when I've worked with some really cheap hardwood (clearance stuff), I've wanted to whip my hammer right through the front window and at anything else that would break!! :x
But their stuff is mostly engineered, so how bad could it be right? (famous last words... hope not!)
5 inch boards are a bonus if it goes down good. are you gluing it or nailing it?

Been there with the hammer deal ! But I've restrained and struck the subfloor ! It feels pretty good :lol: Obviously it's better if we can outsmart the wood !

It is engineered, going on 2nd floor over OSB. Going to nail it. Should be a piece of cake. IMO gluedown seperates the crud products from the quality, so this isnt a great test, but I should be able to tell.

I am installing a staircase. But I think she's having problems getting nosings from them. I'd much rather install treds & risers anyway. But it should be a fun product to match up with treds and risers :roll:
The home is custom, I think nosings on the staircase will look tacky. But at this point of the home, she wants to save money :roll:

Profile E-mail